Monday, July 28, 2008

And all that jazz..

So I just bought a violin. I don't know why I bought a violin... I use to play in elementary school and I hated it then. (You know how it is... A kid would rather be outside playing then inside practicing.) Well I figured I might want to take it back up now that I am more musically inclined.

It has been OK... (OK I sound like crap.. I'm sure I'm hitting notes that only dogs can hear.)
It is as hard as I remember it being.

So I think I might be a musical pack rat. This violin puts me up to a grand total of 13 instruments. (a drum set, bass guitar, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, accordion, 5 harmonicas, a djembe, bongos, and of course the violin.) Do they have a group called Instrument-oholics Anonymous?

5 comments:

Michelle & Trevor said...

No, they don't have a group for Instrument-oholics Anonymous. They do, however, have a one-on-one program. It involves your wife smacking you with a violin you don't know how to play and saying "stop buying instruments!" and then selling everything but one guitar.

Anonymous said...

If they do have a self-help group of that kind your Grandfather should belong to it too. You come by it honestly. I like the last comment. Mom

Devin and Megan said...

Hey send me your address at mswimf@gmail.com and I will add you to our blog! So what are you having???? I am wanting to see pregnancy pics :)

kandra said...

You need to update your blog. We want to see what you are up to, pregnancy pictures, etc. Chop, chop.

Unknown said...

I have a violin too. I've been wanting to learn it better. If I had lots of money, I would go and buy an alto sax, bari sax, bass flute, piccolo, guitar, clarinet, and probably a cello.

I would spend hours just learning how to play them all. :)