So we recently bought a wireless router for our apartment. I ordered one online from a trusted source, and brand. Once i got it all set up it worked like a charm... for one day.
I don't know why it stopped working. Maybe it fried, maybe it wanted to be payed. Either way, it was dead. I called up the return hot line and they gave me my money back and told me to just "throw it out." Of course I didn't.
We went to walmart and bought a replacement router that runs like a champ. With a working router in place I thought to myself, "Self.. Now that you have a free broken router, you should at least try to fix it.." I tried every thing short of beating it and nothing worked.
Finally I plugged it in to my laptop, looked at it in a moment of pondering, and then proceeded to beat the crap out of it over my knee.
After about the 10th hit all the lights blinked on.
Needless to say we have two working routers now. Why the beating of machinery can sometimes make it work I'll never know.
Monday, June 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hey, that's cool about beating your router and making it work. But this comment is really about your baby. I think that count down baby thing is cool, and 159 days is really not that far away!
Post a Comment